Getting Published in the Sciences - Moodle Research Skills Module
UCL Graduate School has collaborated with a number of other leading research intensive universities to commission a series of online modules delivered in Moodle covering a range of research skills important to the early career researcher.
Getting Published in the Sciences is aimed at encouraging early career scientists to publish, and at advising them how this may best be accomplished.
This course aims to provide:
- an overview of the publishing process
- training and tips on how to produce a paper
- critical skills in proof-reading and editing
- a supportive and pro-active attitude to academic publishing
Guest appearances in the video sections of the course include Lord Rees (President of the Royal Society) and Editors from Nature Magazine.
Course Length 1-1.5 hours
|This course is offered in Moodle, a virtual web-based learning environment. Access to Moodle environment can be gained by following the Course Link below. |
You will need a UCL computer ID and password to access Moodle.
Once you have completed the course, it will be necessary to log your points in your training log in the box at the bottom of this page. Your training will be checked with the course tutor.
Researcher Development Framework CategoriesB3) Professional and career development
D2) Communication and dissemination
Course Recommended for
This course is particularly relevant to the following groups:
- 1st Year Research Students
- 2nd Year Research Students
- 3rd Year Research Students
- 4th Year Research Students
- Master's Students
- Students in Biomedical Sciences
- Students in Engineering Sciences
- Students in Life Sciences
- Students in Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- Administrator - Ms Kasia Bronk - (Graduate School)
- Moodle Research Skills: https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/mod/scorm/view.php?id=350337
2012/13 Moodle Research Skills Module
|Description:||Once you have completed your training, please log your points here.|