Ethics 1: Good Research Practice - Moodle Research Skills Module
UCL Graduate School has collaborated with a number of other leading research intensive universities to commission a series of online modules delivered in Moodle covering a range of research skills important to the early career researcher.
Ethics 1: Good Research Practice covers standard practice and recent changes in universities' ethics relating to research that investigates people and their data. The course applies, for example, to the healthcare disciplines, to natural and social sciences, education and welfare services, humanities, law and media studies. Ethics standards apply very generally across many topics, methods and disciplines of research.
A Resources bank at the end of the course also provides more information about general ethical standards.
The research methods reviewed in the course in the context of ethics include qualitative and quantitative work, observations and experiments, surveys and interviews, analysis of texts and images.
The aims of the course are to help you to:
- understand and use the frameworks and basic tools in research ethics debates
- explain and justify your decisions about research ethics
- know about resources for extending and updating your knowledge of ethics.
Course Length 1-1.5 hours
You will need a UCL computer ID and password to access Moodle.
Once you have completed the course, it will be necessary to log your points in your training log in the box at the bottom of this page. Your training will be checked with the course tutor.
N.B. The Graduate School also offers face-to-face training on Ethics issues:
Researcher Development Framework CategoriesC1) Professional conduct
Course Recommended for
This course is particularly relevant to the following groups:
- 1st Year Research Students
- 2nd Year Research Students
- 3rd Year Research Students
- 4th Year Research Students
- - Ms Kasia Bronk - (Organisational Development)
- Moodle Research Skills: https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/mod/scorm/view.php?id=350325
|Description:||Once you have completed your training, please log your points here.|