Career Planning in the Sciences - Moodle Research Skills Module
UCL Graduate School has collaborated with a number of other leading research intensive universities to commission a series of online modules delivered in Moodle covering a range of research skills important to the early career researcher.
Career Planning in the Sciences aims to encourage postgraduate and postdoctoral scientists to actively use career management techniques. Use of these techniques can be valuable whether planning a career in academia or exploring a variety of alternative career options. The course will help you to build up a picture of your skills, personal preferences and style, which can help you in your career choice. Even if you have a definite career plan in mind this course can help determine your suitability for it and may identify areas that you can work on to increase your chances of success.
Aimed at early career researchers this course aims to help you:
- be aware of key factors in career decision-making
- understand the skills you have and the career options open to you
- begin developing your own career plan
- appreciate how to engage with both academic and non-academic employers successfully.
Course Length 1-1.5 hours
You will need a UCL computer ID and password to access Moodle.
Once you have completed the course, it will be necessary to log your points in your training log in the box at the bottom of this page. Your training will be checked with the course tutor.
Researcher Development Framework CategoriesB3) Professional and career development
Course Recommended for
This course is particularly relevant to the following groups:
- 1st Year Research Students
- 2nd Year Research Students
- 3rd Year Research Students
- 4th Year Research Students
- Students in Engineering Sciences
- Students in Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- Students in Life Sciences
- Students in Medical Sciences
- Administrator - Ms Kasia Bronk - (Organisational & Staff Development)
- Moodle Research Skills: http://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/mod/scorm/view.php?id=74821
Once you have completed your training, please log your points here.