Career Planning in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences - Moodle Research Skills Module
UCL Graduate School has collaborated with a number of other leading research intensive universities to commission a series of online modules delivered in Moodle covering a range of research skills important to the early career researcher.
Career Planning in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences aims to encourage PhDs and early career researchers (postdocs and research fellows) to explore the skills and motivations for a career in academia or beyond.
During the course you will see how important it is to assess and continually re-evaluate your skills and interests and recognise that personal factors such as location and family circumstances can influence and affect career planning.
Even if you already have a career path planned, the course has a number of exercises for you to work through, including marketing yourself to prospective employers in applications and in interviews, to help you achieve your aims.
The main themes of the course are:
- skills development
- career routes within and outside of academia
- making applications for jobs
- being successful at interviews and assessment centres
- planning ahead beyond your research.
Course Length 1-1.5 hours
You will need a UCL computer ID and password to access Moodle.
Once you have completed the course, it will be necessary to log your points in your training log in the box at the bottom of this page. Your training will be checked with the course tutor.
Researcher Development Framework CategoriesB3) Professional and career development
Course Recommended for
This course is particularly relevant to the following groups:
- 1st Year Research Students
- 2nd Year Research Students
- 3rd Year Research Students
- 4th Year Research Students
- Students in Arts & Humanities
- Students in Social & Historical Sciences
- Administrator - Ms Kasia Bronk - (Organisational & Staff Development)
- Moodle Research Skills: http://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/mod/scorm/view.php?id=74817
Registration information will be available in due course.